After Monster Energy® Kawasaki riders dominated both Monster Energy Supercross Main Events on Saturday, Kawasaki riders continued their winning ways by capturing 14 championships at the Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross (RCSX), on Monday, March 13th. The Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green roster did not disappoint as Stilez Robertson and Jett Reynolds captured two titles each on their KX™100 and KX™85 motocross bikes. Nick Romano, Ryder DiFrancesco, Chance Hymas and Krystian Janik had the fans lining the fences to see the young teammates battle it out on the incredibly rough and weathered Daytona racetrack. Romano would come out on top, being crowned the 85cc (9-11) Champion, with DiFrancesco and Hymas finishing a close second and third place, respectively. Janik rounded out the top five in fifth.
Following a rollercoaster season in 2016, Kawasaki rider Joey Crown came into 2017 with something to prove. After pulling both holeshots, Crown went on to win both the 250A and Open Pro Sport titles. Garrett Marchbanks and Lance Kobusch didn’t disappoint, as they showcased their impeccable speed on the KX™250F. Marchbanks won the 250B title with ease, while Kobusch charged through the competition with his aggressive and creative riding style to win the Schoolboy 2 (14-17) class. After a crash in the qualifier, the No. 910 of Carson Brown rode flawlessly to finish in third place in the Main Event behind Kobusch.
The veteran, John Grewe continued his dominance by wining the Senior (40+), Senior (45+) and Masters (50+) classes. While Greg Pamart followed it up with a win in the Vet (35+) class on his KX™450F.
Round 1 of the 2017 Women’s Motocross (WMX) Championship kicked off this week in Daytona. Reigning 2016 WMX champion, Kyle Fasnacht and fellow Kawasaki Team Green rider Hannah Hodges battled early in moto one before Fasnacht was able to pull away for the win with Hodges finishing in second place. When the gate dropped for Moto 2, it was Hodges with the holeshot, while Fasnacht sat fourth on Lap 1. Fasnacht rode at a blistering pace to diminish Hodges lead to less than one second, but would never make the pass on her Kawasaki teammate. Hodges would win the moto and the overall with a score of 2-1 over Fasnacht’s 1-2. The 2017 WMX Championship continues with Round 2 at Freestone Spring Championship on March 19th.
2017 Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross Kawasaki Championships
- 85cc (9-11) – Nick Romano (Kawasaki KX85)
- 85cc (9-12) – Jett Reynolds (Kawasaki KX85)
- Mini Sr. 1 (12-13) – Jett Reynolds (Kawasaki KX100)
- Super Mini 1 (12-15) – Stilez Robertson (Kawasaki KX100)
- Super Mini 2 (13-16) – Stilez Robertson (Kawasaki KX100)
- Schoolboy 2 (14-17) – Lance Kobusch (Kawasaki KX250F)
- 250 B – Garrett Marchbanks (Kawasaki KX250F)
- 250 A – Joey Crown (Kawasaki KX250F)
- Open Pro Sport – Joey Crown (Kawasaki KX250F
- Vet (35+) – Greg Pamart (Kawasaki KX450F)
- Senior (40+) – John Grewe (Kawasaki KX450F)
- Senior (45+) – John Grewe (Kawasaki KX450F)
- Masters (50+) – John Grewe (Kawasaki KX450F)
- WMX – Hannah Hodges (Kawasaki KX250F)